Many people may think that private investigators in South Africa can break the law, simply because we think they aren’t governed by the same rules and regulations the police fall under.
However, this is far from the reality when it comes to the way in which legitimate private investigators work. Although they aren’t bound by jurisdictional legalities that hamper police investigations, private investigators still can’t break the law in the process of an investigation.
We all know that, like elsewhere in the world, our police investigators are often carrying more cases than any one person can handle, with cases piling up on their desks as crime keeps escalating, putting them in a position of trying to handle hundreds of different cases with limited resources.
Prioritising these cases is a major task for these overburdened police investigators, which is where the question arises; do police ever hire private investigators?
Job losses and business closures due to the Coronavirus pandemic and the ensuing economic collapse, has increased the levels and types of crimes being committed, which is also increased due to load shedding and regular electricity blackouts, which helps to hide any criminal activity.
This plunges the police detectives into a never-ending abyss of unsolved crimes, due to the fact that they have to find a way to prioritise their investigations, as mentioned above
Do police ever hire private investigators?
The short answer to this is no, the police don’t have the resources to carry out most of their own investigations, which means they certainly don’t have the resources to hire private investigators.
What does happen, is that many individuals who have been affected by crime and are frustrated with police investigations, are choosing to hire a private investigator to close their cases and bring the accused to justice.
Prosecutors and lawyers involved in criminal cases also make use of the extensive investigative experience of the professionals at King Investigators.
King Investigators in Gauteng and Cape Town are often approached by victims of crime and their families to conduct criminal investigations, in an effort to bring perpetrators of crime to justice.
In cases such as this, licensed private investigators like owner of King Investigators, Jacques Botha, are able to work with what the police have started on a case, and to use their extensive investigative techniques which aren’t available to the police.
Why hire a private investigator to carry out a criminal investigation?
Gathering evidence, collecting information on the background of the accused in a case that the police detectives are unable to investigate further, is when private individuals or businesses turn to King Investigators for help.
What King Investigators can do that the police can’t:
- Jacques and his team of investigators are able to give their undivided attention to a case that the police are unable to take any further, focussing all their experience and skill on the case for their client.
- This team is registered with the PSiRA, which means that you can rely on them to gather evidence without breaking any laws.
- PI’s like Jacques bring many years of experience to bear in any investigation, and they don’t give up easily when it comes to the twists and turns an investigation can take.
- King Investigators have the resources and experience to carry out a proper investigation, and their network of other professionals also assists in bringing an investigation to a close.
- Not being limited by jurisdiction, Jacques and his team at King Investigators can go wherever the case takes them, whether it’s to neighbouring countries in Africa, or as far afield as Brazil and Argentina.
King Investigators produce quality results in criminal cases!
If you aren’t getting results from a case that is going nowhere in terms of a police investigation, contact King Investigators to obtain the evidence you need to close the case, based on solid evidence that can be taken to court with confidence.
Jacques will be more than happy to share his vast amount of knowledge with you in a free, confidential consultation, which will get the ball rolling in the right direction for the closure of a case.
The skills and ability to gain intelligence through various avenues that aren’t available to police detectives, as well as to carry out expert undercover surveillance to gather physical evidence, is all in a day’s work for the team at King Investigators.